Ketchup is one of those things which most of us wouldn’t bother to make at home, especially considering how cheap and readily available the store bought brand is however we always thought the store brand was overly sweet so we devised this masterpiece.
Homemade Fancy KetchupPrint This
- 6oz Can of Tomato Paste (use a high quality as it will make a difference)
- 1 Tsp Molasses
- ¼ Tsp Mustard Powder
- ¾ Tsp kosher salt (very important to salt)
- Very Small Pinch Each of: Cinnamon, Clove, Allspice, Cayenne (can overwhelm if too much)
- ¼ Tsp Hungarian Sweet Paprika
- Good Pinch of Powdered Ginger
- ½ Tsp Onion Powder
- ¼ Tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 ½ Tbsp apple Cider Vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- Splash of Worcestershire Sauce
- 2 Splashes Fish sauce
- 1 ½ - 2 Tsp Rapidura Sugar (or Brown Sugar) - add more to taste
- 1 Tsp Sriracha (optional)
- ½ Tsp + Dijon
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1 ½ Cups of Water
- Place all ingredients in a pot and whisk well.
- Gently simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add more water to achieve desired consistency.
If you have a splatter screen, make use of it. This will fly all over your kitchen.