If you like brownies and you like beer you might want to listen up and start writing down this recipe because it is a life changer!
Chocolate Stout Beer BrowniesPrint This
- 6 weight ounce dark chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup stout beer
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- Combine the Butter and Sugar Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a large bowl whisk together the melted butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until well combined.
- Whisk in the Eggs One at a time add the eggs, whisking until well combined before adding another (whisk more than you think necessary).
- Melt the Chocolate with the Beer Add the chocolate and the beer to the top of a double boiler. Stir over medium heat until the chocolate is melted and well combined with the beer.
- Whisk in the Chocolate Add the chocolate to the butter mixture, whisk until well combined.
- Stir in the Dry Ingredients Add the flour, salt and cocoa powder to the bowl, stir until just combined.
- Bake Pour into an 8 X 8 pan that has been lined with parchment paper or sprayed with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 22 to 25 minutes (do not over-bake) or until the brownies do not jiggle when the pan is shaken and a tooth pick inserted into the center returns with moist crumbs attached (but not raw batter).
- Cool, Then Cut Allow to cool completely before cutting. This may take several hours. Brownies will be soft and fudgy. Brownies are best the day after being made.