We had been looking for the perfect recipe for salsa like you get at those whole in the wall, family owned amazing Mexican taco shops but were coming up short so we decided to create our own. This salsa is fresh, simple and delicious!
Mexican Table SalsaPrint This
- 1 Can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
- 2 Cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies)
- 1/4 Cup Chopped Onion
- 1 Clove Garlic, Minced
- 1 Whole Jalapeno, Quartered And Sliced Thin
- 1/4 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 Cup Cilantro (more To Taste!)
- 1/2 Whole Lime Juice
- Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like—I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
- Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips or cheese nachos.
This is a very large batch. Recommend using a 12-cup food processor, or you can process the ingredients in batches and then mix everything together in a large mixing bowl.