Sheet Pan Roast Chicken with Chimichurri SaucePrint This
- 1 bone-in skin-on chicken, cut into pieces (breasts, thighs, legs)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pound assorted color baby potatoes
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- Chimichurri Sauce:
- 1 cup packed fresh parsley, roughly chopped
- 1 cup packed fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup packed fresh oregano, roughly chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 shallot, chopped
- ¼–½ teaspoon chili flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ cup red wine or sherry vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the chicken parts on a sheet pan and drizzle them with ½ tablespoon olive oil. Mix the salt, pepper and cumin together in a small bowl. Sprinkle half of the spice mixture on the chicken. Toss the potatoes and onion wedges in a bowl with the remaining ½ tablespoon oil and the remaining spice mixture. Arrange the vegetables on the sheet pan around the chicken.
- Place the pan in the oven and roast about 45-50 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through (165 degrees on an instant read thermometer) and the vegetables are tender. Baste the chicken with the pan juices about halfway through.
- To make the chimichurri sauce, puree the parsley, cilantro, oregano, garlic, shallot, chili flakes, salt, olive oil and vinegar together in a food processor.
- Serve chicken and vegetables with chimichurri sauce to drizzle on top.
Chimichurri Sauce: One serving (2 tablespoons) Calories: 127 Fat: 13.2g Saturated Fat: 1.9g Carbohydrates: 1.4g Sugar: 0.1g Sodium: 198mg Fiber: 0.5g Protein: 0.3g NUTRITION INFORMATION Serving size: 1 chicken thigh + ½ breast and potatoes Calories: 471 Fat: 18.7g Saturated fat: 5.5g Carbohydrates: 17.7g Sugar: 3.4g Sodium: 527mg Fiber: 2.3g Protein: 51.4g